Landlord Protection Insurance in St. Louis

Landlord Insurance St. Louis, MOInsurance policies specifically for landlords and rental property owners

If you own a rental property, homeowner’s insurance alone may not protect you from the unique situations that landlords face. Whether you have multiple properties or you are renting out your home or condo for vacation purposes, a Landlord Protection insurance policy may help protect you in a number of events.

What does Landlord Protection insurance include?

Landlords just do not own the home or condo being rented, they may own additional items or tools that tenants have access to, and some of these items may be covered by a Landlord Protection insurance policy:

  • Dwelling/rental property
  • Additional buildings on premise such as sheds or garages
  • Equipment like tools, washing machines or other appliances used by tenant

Additional Coverage Options

There are additional coverage options that may be added to Landlord Protection insurance policy.

Legal Defense:

Landlords or rental property owners may also face legal ramifications for events that take place on the property they own. Having additional coverage for Legal Defense may help pay for legal fees from lawsuits like:

  • Libel or slander
  • Accidental Damage
  • Wrongful eviction

Fair Rental Value:

If your dwelling is deemed uninhabitable or a total loss, you may not only need repair or rebuild your property, you may lose rental income. Having Fair Rental Value coverage means that you may get reimbursed for your lost income during a covered event.

Extended Dwelling Coverage:

If your rental property or condo is a complete loss, a standard Landlord Protection insurance policy may not cover the entire cost to rebuild or repair the property. Extended Dwelling coverage may pay out an additional 25 to 50 percent of the standard coverage amount, depending on the policy.

Frequently Asked Questions about Landlord Insurance

Who needs landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance is for anyone who owns rental property. If you own a rental home or other rental property, you need landlord insurance.

Does landlord insurance cover short term vacation rentals?

There is landlord insurance for short-term vacation rentals. It will be slightly different from your traditional landlord insurance policy because you have so many people coming and going from the residence versus one renter or family.

What type of insurance do you need for a rental property?

Rental properties require landlord insurance. This insurance covers the dwelling and protects your investment while another person is living there.